When the weather ramps up after our frosty Canadian winters, many of us soon forget the bitter cold and quickly start thinking about chilling out with our air conditioning.
In fact, according to Stats Canada, about 50% of Canadians reported having some sort of air conditioning unit.
So, if you’re ready to beat the heat this summer, you’re one of many.
Here are 5 benefits that make a quality, professionally-installed air conditioning system a worthy investment:
1. Breathe easier: Air conditioners circulate and filter air, helping to remove irritants (pollutants, mold and other toxins) from the air. This improved air quality is great for people who suffer from allergies and asthma. But to work at its best, keep your system clean and change your filters regularly.
2. Sleep easier: In addition to other factors, our body temperature can affect how quickly we fall, and stay, asleep. A room that is too hot interferes with our body’s natural ability to regulate its temperature. Think about it: it’s easy to pile on another blanket if your room is a bit chilly come bedtime but it can take hours to cool down a hot room.
3. Keep your cool electronics cool: When the temperature in your home or office noticeably increases, it can seriously affect the electronics (phones, computers, external hard drives) on which you depend. Because this technology already generates heat, any additional heat can damage and shorten the lifespan of your equipment. A quality air conditioning unit can help keep your electronics cooler, longer.
4. Protect furniture and flooring: Heat, and the humidity that often follows, can wreak havoc on your furniture and flooring. Wood gains and loses moisture with the air around it, which, eventually leads to warping. A quality air conditioner not only keeps your environment cool but can also help keep the humidity levels in check.
5. Work efficiently year-round: We’ve all experienced that lethargic feeling when suntan weather hits, but we are stuck in the sweltering indoors: think droopy eyes, sluggish mental capacity, and plenty of yawns. When offices and homes are properly air conditioned, people can function better, both mentally and physically.
But don’t forget
To enjoy all these benefits, your air-conditioned space must be well-ventilated, properly installed, and well-maintained. This includes ensuring you have the appropriate size air conditioning unit for your space.
And don’t be fooled into thinking that a costlier unit means a better unit. After all, most air conditioning units use the same components to cool down your home. Overall, it’s the professional installation and proper maintenance that will preserve your air conditioning unit’s efficiency and longevity.
So, for some sound advice and professional installation or general maintenance of your air conditioning unit, give us a call. Our experienced Sherwood Mechanical technicians will gladly provide air conditioning solutions tailored to your needs and budget.